Saturday, April 25, 2020

Final Reflection

       Throughout this semester I have really learned about myself as an entrepreneur as well as a student and young adult in general. Before this class, I didn't put much thought into my life after graduation or what I was really in school to do. With this class, I realized I want to wake up everyday and like my job and have control over my future and finances. I really liked looking inward toward the resources and human capital I had around me, I never realized I have so many people rooting for me and in my corner. I know now if I have a serious venture I want to explore, I have people backing me and offering financial support as well as partnership. That was a huge high point for me. Another high point was looking toward my own personal strengths and what I bring to the table, which I had never really considered before. The words my friends and family said about me were so kind and heartwarming. Some moments where I hit a low were when reviewing the logistics of my venture. I didn't know the first thing about starting an app or the software involved and it was disheartening to see just how far I have to go to make my idea a reality.

       The experience I'm most proud of accomplishing was the conversations I had with the people in my inner circle and pushing out of my comfort zone to further those bonds. I reached out to them for my Growing your Social Capital post, and it really changed the way I view business, entrepreneurship and my future. I am so blessed to have so many people rooting for me and offering their advice, and in some cases, even their finances. I know that I have the opportunity to achieve what I want out of life and have amazing people supporting me along the way.

       I do think I have developed an entrepreneurial mindset from this class and look at business much differently. I look at life and my career as something to run toward and be excited for, rather than delay out of fear. I'm not afraid to go after what I want and ask for help along the way. I am determined to be my own boss one day and create a life for myself that I am happy and proud of.

       To the students taking this class in the future, I would say to pay attention to the intent behind all these assignments. Don't look at this as just another class to "get through" really internalize what is being said and asked of you. Really pay attention to the concepts and ideas mentioned in this class and draw your own conclusions. Look to the people around you and see what kind of life and name they've made for themselves and if thats something you want to emulate. If it is, look toward them as guides and mentors and don't be afraid to ask for a little help and guidance.


     

1 comment:

  1. Hi Samantha, it is great that you learned a lot from this class and are now motivated to become an entrepreneur. I agree with your post and how this class shows you the benefits of being your own boss and following your own dreams, while at the same time showing the struggles you have to go through to achieve that success. It is great you have so many people rooting for you and I wish you luck in your future.

    ReplyDelete