Interviews: For this assignment I decided to interview three students I am in a project group with for a seperate class. They consist of two girls and a boy over the age of 21+ who are also juniors at the University of Florida.
Alternative Evaluation: According to the three of them they really liked the idea and could definitely see a need for it in college campus life. Since I set the price point around $2.99 a month two of them had no issue with it, however they collectively agreed that the service of the app would have to be cellular and fast considering the posts are supposed to be made in real time and oftentimes venues dont have free wifi. That is an issue I would have to work to fix.
Buying: The buying aspect of my product is very simple because all it requires is a wifi enabled phone and access to an application store, such as an iPhone or Android. It can be purchased with a credit card and that same card can be used to make the monthly payments.
Post-Purchase Evaluation: They will determine if the product was a success for them if their nights out or upcoming events improve and run significantly more smoothly than previously. The app is designed to help manage free time in an effective and successful way so that our precious weekend activities won't be squandered. If they find better events and avoid duds then they would consider my app a success.
Findings: Both girls I interviewed seemed very much on the same page, although they are not thrilled to pay a monthly fee for using the app they agreed that in the long run it would save them money and create better experiences. They mentioned the concerns that my app must be cellular accessible because many of these places do not provide free wifi and a major aspect of the app is posting real time videos and pictures of events. The boy I interviewed was adamant about not paying for apps and believing it was a waste of money. He is extremely studious and does not spend his free time socializing and would rather be introverted. However, he did see that there was a need for the app mainly within the Greek Life community.
Conclusion: My research has brought up some valuable points that I did not foresee within this app. I did not realize that the wifi may be an issue and that there are many individuals who do not want to pay for something intangible such as an experience or a digital application.
Hi Samantha! I agree with the boy that you interviewed and I would probably not want to pay for the app either. I do go out, but I also think that word of mouth travels fast enough for me to not pay a monthly fee. I would 100% have the app on my phone if it were free. I was wondering if you made this price prediction because you thought it would be the only way to make money or not. It is very important to realize that you can make money from free apps- and a lot in fact. I do still think this app is very cool and a great idea, but I think you should think about the price as a selling point.
ReplyDelete