One domain expert in my industry is my previous boss, Laurencno Fuller, who own three nightclubs in my hometown and makes his living entirely off the nightlife industry. He employs plenty of people and is entirely in charge. He is an expert in owning his own small business ass well as the nightlife industry in total. I have kept a close mentor/mentee relationship with him throughout my years of working with him in the summers when I return home to Boca Raton, Florida, and can always speak to him asking for advice while I'm away in Gainesville. He is always around to give me guidance and advice and I am very lucky to know him. He is also a close family friend as well and has a great relationship with my parents. He just expects some work from me when I am available in the summers, however I have already spoken to him about a potential internship I am completing this summer which means I could not work for him and he is very happy and excited for me! I will always have him in my circle considering he is a close family friend and mentor and I am so happy to him him and his family in my life!
One person who is an important supplier in my industry is actually my mother! She and her best friend work with a winery in Napa, California, and provide various wines to restaurants and bars across the country. I love my mom so much and I'm so blessed to be her confidant and know so much about the wine manufacturing industry and its subsequent selling and placement. My mom is always trying to teach me about her various business ventures and I'm so blessed to have her! She always provides me with opportunities for learning an involvement and will because we are family! Italians always take care of our own.
Someone who is an expert in my market is my good friend Justis Mendez who owns his own app as well as a participates in a group of young investors and entrepreneurs. I know him through various social circles and we have been friends for about a year! He has been a great friend and mentor and always provides advice and opportunity to me without asking for anything in exchange which makes him one of the best people I know. Including him in my network allows me to always have his guidance and he is an excellent example for anyone looking to open their own business venture regardless of what negative people will say.
This experience shows me how blessed I am to have so many people in my life who can guide and help me start my journey in entrepreneurship. This activity really helped me sit down and think about the people of influence in my life who guide me and care about my well being. In the future I will try to find even more people who can guide me in similar ways and potentially provide business opportunities. This really will guide my networking experiences in the future because I will try to forge similar relationships that are mutually beneficial.
Hi Samantha! great work on your post! I was very interested by the different people you chose to interview, and I thought your analysis of what you learned from each interview was extremely well done. Good job!
ReplyDeleteHi Samantha,
ReplyDeleteI am in agreeance with Jack! Having a variety of interviewees allows us readers to get insight of multiple perspectives regarding your topic. I never looked at my parents nor boss as a expert, and the fact that you went above the norm is great. Keep up the good work!
Hi Samantha,
ReplyDeleteI think you did a great job completing this growing your social capital assignment! I was extremely impressed and interested with the various types of people that you selected to interview, and I am really glad you took initiative to get people who would help your product grow and succeed in the business world. I also know Justis and I think he would help you out tremendously if you were to execute this idea and make it a product on the market!